Warm spicy and full of flavour, this chicken dish has been a staple in our household for the longest time. It is one of my favourite growing up.
This recipe is very special to my heart as it reminds me of the time my mom used to make it for us. The best part about this recipe is that it is so easy to make. All you need is some chicken, potatoes, carrots and spices.
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic gloves chopped
- 2-3 medium potatoes cubed
- 2 carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Mediterranean seven spices
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vinegar (any type)
- A squirt of ketchup and Hp sauce
- Parsley for garnish
- Wash your chicken thighs and place them in a stainer to dry.
- In a medium skillet, sauté your onions and garlic for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add your chicken thighs and sauté until your chicken turns colour to white.
- Add your potatoes, chopped carrots, spices and water.
- Cover and let it cook for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Then add your ketchup and Hp sauce.
- Cook for 45 minutes. Then let it cook on low heat for another 20 minutes.
- Check if your chicken is fully cooked.
- Garnish with parsley