Truly scrumptious and easy to make, this apricot jam biscuits recipe is the BEST! Served with your favourite tea and enjoyed with family and friends, these biscuits will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 11/4 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Apricot jam for filling – about 2 cups
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the canola oil and sugar together until they are well combined and then add the vanilla.
- Add the eggs and sifted flour slowly and continue mixing
- When finished, place half of the dough on a greased cookie sheet
- Press your dough onto the cookie sheet
- Add the apricot jam and then shred the rest of the dough on top of the jam.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool, cut into squares and serve.
Tip: broil your cookies for about 3 minutes but keep an eye to avoid burning.