Are you wondering what to make with your ground meat? Wonder no more. Makhlama is a middle eastern mixture of eggs, meat, tomatoes and spices. This recipe is very healthy and can be enjoyed for breakfast or for light dinner.
It is a traditional middle eastern dish that has been around for quite sometime, referred to as omelette in Western culture. Garnished with parsley and enjoyed with warm khobz (middle eastern bread), this dish is mouth watering.
- 300 grams medium ground lamb meat (about 2 cups and a half)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic gloves chopped
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- In a medium skillet, add your cooking oil along with your chopped onions and garlic. Sauté on medium heat until your onions become slightly golden in colour
- Add your ground lamb meat and cook for a couple of minutes. Then, add salt and pepper and sauté for 5 more minutes
- Once the meat is done cooking, add your chopped tomatoes and tomatoes paste and mix well. Simmer for a couple of minutes and give the mixture a taste. Adjust to your own likings.
- Crack open your eggs on top of the mixture and cover the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- When done, garnish with parsley and serve your Makhlama with a warm middle eastern bread khobz or any bread of your choice and enjoy!
Alef ‘afya (Bon appetite)